How many psychopaths there are

It's surprising just how many psychopaths are out there.  From what I understand one percent of people are psychopaths - that's one in a hundred.  In a city of one million people that is 10,000 psychopaths.  This means that there is a good chance that you have bumped into one or two sometime during your lifetime, maybe you even know a couple, work with one or have dated some, married one or had one teach your children math.  Who knows?  They often blend into society quite well and seem just 'a little quirky'.  Not all psychopaths are like Jeffrey Dahmer, some are very successfull blue collar workers, and many of them don't even know who they are!

  Just one percent of psychopaths are female.  That means of the 10,000 psychopaths in a small city, only 100 are female. I don't know why that is, its a bit of a stereotype though haahah. Yah, I know, bad humour!

From what I understand, the intelligence level of most psychopaths is just above or below average.  A small percent of them have a high IQ and an even smaller percent have a very high IQ.  I don't know why that is either, perhaps there is some link between learning and emotions that we have not fully discovered yet. I would like to talk about that in more detail later, but for now suffice to say that my daughter is 'unusual', even for a psychopath.  She would be one percent of one percent.  So, of the 100 psychopathic females out of one million persons, there is only 1 that has higher than average intelligence.  That's Kathy - one in a million.

Kathy doesn't yet know that she is a 'psychopath' and that is a great thing.  Once she has a label to put to those things that make her 'different', she can research what that means.  It would not take long for her to accept and embrace these differences and have the excuse she is looking for, to leave behind the last bonds of civilized society.  In other words, she is looking for an excuse to embrace her unique, preditorial self and that would be it.

Kathy is young, and has lived in a somewhat controlled environment where she mimicked those around her - who have been pretty descent human beings.  She is only starting to 'come into being', as one of our psychiatrists put it.  He wanted us to pay him $160 per hour so that he could watch the process.  "Its rare to have such an opportunity and I would love to see the development of a 'young' psychopath".  Ya, that's a story for another day too. 

But the point of all this is that she is still trying a little bit, to fit into society - the edges of society, but she has not yet left the bonds of all societal rules. She lies, cheats, steals, will have sex with anyone as long as she gets what she wants out of it, manipulates, lies some more, makes up stories, and did I mention she lies? But, she has not yet killed.  Maybe we will be lucky and she wont.  Who knows.  When she tried to have our other children killed, she got other people to do it for her.  I told you she was smart, smart enough to not want to get caught.  She terrorized our family right from the center of it, without our even knowing. 

Of course all the signs were there, but we just did not want to know.  I just could not fathom that my child, that little person born from my body, who I loved so dearly, who put her arms around my neck and hugged me, and took her first steps towards me and said her first words to me, could want to hurt our family, could PLAN to hurt our family, to kill her brother and sister.  Yes, all the signs were there, but my brain and my heart just could not make sense of it, could not accept that truth. And so I pushed the truth to a dark corner wayyy at the back of my mind.

 It was a feast of fear for her.  She, like all psychopaths feed off of other peoples fear.  It makes her feel 'smart' and more powerful than them.  She certainly got to feel allot smarter than all of us during that terrible time, and still is.

So, Kathy doesn't know she is a psychopath and we cannot tell her. As long as she doesn't know, it buys us time.  Once she realizes her place in society, she can be a predator without the confines of trying to fit in.
  

1 comment:

  1. I commented on your first blog and now I see the progression of your story. I'll keep reading, as this fascinates me. I know that sounds weird to some, but I'm sure you understand as you have used the blog as a way to release.

    ReplyDelete