A Wonderful Day

Today was an absolutely wonderful day.  The last couple of weeks have been particularly difficult.  I have been trying to get my feet back on the ground and begin to create a new life for myself and with my family, but the last couple of weeks have felt more like standing in the middle of the ocean on a log!  Well, it was my birthday today and it was fantastic!  I just couldn't have asked for anything better! 

Birthdays are pretty lo key here.  We usually have a relaxing day ending with the birthday person choosing some favourite food for supper, and of course cake!  Presents are most often home-made.  This year my kids gave me a handmade purse and a new pillow.  I loved the purse, although I am not too sure that i will be able to carry anything too heavy inside it!  And the pillow is just what I have been wanting - I keep stealing my husbands because he has a great feather pillow that is just so comfy!  And now I have one too!

To top off this lovely birthday fest was a special present from my husband. A private concert with Cher and Tina Turner in my own basement!  Yup, he is pretty great!  He fixed up the basement to suit a concert... you know, surround sound with a big screen t.v. and all that.  Then he gave me a concert CD from two of my favourite performers!  We got dressed up and went off to the concert.  It was so much fun, almost like being at the real thing.  We clapped and whistled and yelled and sang!  It was wonderful.  Probably the best evening I have had in a couple of years.

As I sit here writing this, I think that maybe there is a chance we can salvage the rest of our lives.  Maybe we can find that solid foundation in our love for each other and build a new life.  It's true that it isn't going to look the way I thought it would, but so what.  We have what matters, we love each other and we are all willing to try.

That would be really nice.  I will sleep on that thought tonight.  Good night, and thank you for reading my blog.  I hope you too have a great evening!   And if you are going through some troubled times, perhaps you too will find some sure footing in the love you have created around  you, and within you.

No comments:

Post a Comment