Getting Fatter and Sleepier

Today is Wednesday and it is just after noon, everyone is still sleeping.  It seems that we have all switched our sleep patterns around and have begun to sleep during the day and stay up half the night.  Last night we ate supper at 11pm.     Its a good thing that we home-school our children or it wouldn't be working so well.  Last night I finally got to sleep around 5am, I have been awake since around 10am.
My body seems to want to shut out... everything right now.  I have gained about forty pounds in the last year, which is unusual for me.  It has been my habit to exercise for about two hours a day, sometimes more. I love to swim and the walk to the pool is about 7 miles.  So I walk, swim for an hour or two and walk again.  It also used to be my habit to practice martial arts and boxing (with a non-living sparing partner) a couple of times a week.  Food is one of my favourite past times and I used to cook special meals for the family at least a couple of times a week.  Now all i want is junk food.

I realize that we are all medicating ourselves with junk food and movies, doping up our bodies with a lack of exercise and lack of sleep so that we don't feel or know as clearly as we could.  Knowing this, and changing it are 2 very different things.  The problem of course, is that it effects every part of my life, not just the part I want it to.

And yet that seems to be a price worth paying, because no matter what I say, my actions have not changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment